In windows 11 why is the shut down & restart screen black?

Aardwolf-11

Reaction score
Hi. Although this thread may seem very nonessential, I’m just curious if others are experiencing what I’m experiencing when he/she had updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. What I‘m going to attempt to describe is now how my shut down (& restart) screen appears. Even though in my Setting > Personalization > Colors, I have the Accent Color set to Automatic, my shut down or restart screen is always black. Now, the words, “Shut Down” or “Restart” are in white, but the rest of the screen is in black. Whereas, with Windows 10 the words, “Shut Down” or “Restart” was white & the screen had appeared in various accent colors. There are 2-things I have changed in Personalization from when I upgraded to Windows 11, though I don’t believe it makes any difference with an issue I’m trying to describe. 1) When I had Windows 10 I had my mode set to Dark Mode, but when I upgraded to Windows 11 I decided to stay with the light mode for a change. 2) Also when I had Windows 10, in Windows 10 my theme was a folder of Windows Spotlight Images I have collected. Though my colors were also set to Accent Color. With Windows 11 I created a new folder with all of the Windows 11 images I wouldn’t say this is an “issue” I’m just wondering why it is behaving as such.

In my spare time, I like coming to this forum & reading what members are posting about Windows 11. I’m not at all to see that most people are very dissatisfied with Windows 11. Although I can emphasize with many feeling as though they have greater loss than gain in updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Though, I sort of expected it from researching it out beforehand. No, I’m not saying that I’m a know-it-all nor do I want to come across as a know-it-all, but at least with me when it comes to computers & OS I don’t mind changes. Maybe because I literally spend all of my time on the computer I guess that I just get bored after a while. But, that’s just me. For those who may have needed a new computer after Windows 11 was released & so-to-speak had no choice in having Windows 11 for their OS I can understand their disappointments & frustrations. However, for those like myself who upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, you had 10-days to revert back to Windows 10. So in those cases, if people were so unhappy with Windows 11 then why not just go back to Windows 10? I’m greatly sorry for digressing from my objective in my post. For some reason, I felt the need to add my 2-cents even though it’s not even worth 2-cents.

Anyway, any advice/suggestions on my first paragraph would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

derkallevombau

Reaction score
Hi!

I had already discarded Windows 11 because of the horribly rudimentary start menu. But I found a third-party app that not only brings back the Win 10 start menu, it's even better.

Thus, I'm migrating to Win 11 ATM and the black shutdown/restart/update screen makes me depressive ;)

Have you found a solution? I did a lot of googling, and it seems to me that for the vast majority, this isn't an issue at all:cry:

Bastet

Reaction score
Microsoft changed the screen to black. Also now instead of the BlueScreen of Death users get a Black Screen of Death.

I would think that people don’t return to Win 10 because it is over the 10 day rollback period, they’d have to clean install Windows to recover that OS.
I have a Win 10 disk image so can go back anytime.

Ask a Question