Open multiple tabs in Windows Explorer in precise order using batch file(s) or something else

mithridate

Reaction score
In previous versions of the Windows OS there was no problem to open any number of File Explorer windowses in a precise, unchanging order using a batch file(s) created especially for that purpose. I did that depending on the jobs of the day; I could then easily jump from one to the other as the need arose. I also could open a new FE window later in the day and, with the help of Taskbar Tweaker (a 3rd party software that doesn't work in Win 11 anymore), and position it wherever I wanted in the already opened FE list . All of that was very handy, and it obviously optimized my activity related to FE usage.

Question: Is there a way to do the above in the newer, better Windows 11, or must I now open each File Explorer tab manually and loose precious time every day doing so?

I tried the batch file method and the result was a complete mess. Even worse, File Explorer windowses from the past (yesterday, etc.) are mixed with those just opened (the latter having a random order, not as listed in the batch file). The whole list cannot be deleted in any way.

Thank you.

Ask a Question