PC Takes Forever to Start and Shutdown After Cumulative Update

JamesJoey123

Reaction score
After updating to:

2023-02 Cumulative update for Windows version 22H2 for x64 KB5022845,

My PC takes a long time to start and shut down.
Under normal conditions, form the time I press the PC,s power button, until I see the desktop is about 10 seconds.
I paused updates after restoring disk image.
After a few days, and the same thing happened after update. In fact it seems to have gotten worse and take
longer to start and shut down. The first time I rebooted after the update it too nearly 10 minutes to boot.
Same with shutting down.
I get no error messages.
I currently have updates paused. I'm very leery about installing the update.
The last time this occurred I t never booted. I needed to start from my USB and restore
the disk image from there.

Any ideas?
James

Sir_George

Reaction score
After updating to:

2023-02 Cumulative update for Windows version 22H2 for x64 KB5022845,

My PC takes a long time to start and shut down.
Under normal conditions, form the time I press the PC,s power button, until I see the desktop is about 10 seconds.
I paused updates after restoring disk image.
After a few days, and the same thing happened after update. In fact it seems to have gotten worse and take
longer to start and shut down. The first time I rebooted after the update it too nearly 10 minutes to boot.
Same with shutting down.
I get no error messages.
I currently have updates paused. I'm very leery about installing the update.
The last time this occurred I t never booted. I needed to start from my USB and restore
the disk image from there.

Any ideas?
James
Often when an update causes serious problems, it is best to wait until the next update release. Many times the next release corrects the problem and you are, at that point, using the most recent update.

Sir_George

Reaction score
Will i know when the next release comes out?
The next scheduled update is on March 14th, which is the 2nd Tuesday in March. Microsoft calls their scheduled updates "Patch Tuesday" and they are the 2nd Tuesday of the month.

Ask a Question