Right click cause refresh windows 11

rpbrown

Reaction score
I upgraded to Windows 11 from 10 Pro. Now when I right-click on the desktop all it does is refresh both monitors much like the F5 key does. This also happens with some folders. Others the content menu appears.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if it's actually the desktop process crashing when you right click, rather than a refresh - it would appear the same. Do you have any old shell extensions that may not be compatible with Windows 11 installed?

Was there anything added to your right click menu can you remember, software/plugins can often add items to the rightclick menu and I think one of these is causing a crash.

If you check "event viewer" (search for this on start search bar), you may be able to find the error/alert notification which will track down the offending application.

rpbrown

Reaction score
I had a right click content adder program. Actually when I right click both monitors go light blue-all icons disappear then refresh back. I will look at event log and thank yoou

Ask a Question