Right Click Context Menu does not work

vixip

Reaction score
Hi All, I joined Windows Insider and downloaded the update on the day of Windows 11. The install appeared to go fine. I have all my files etc. In Windows 10 my right click on start button did not work. I tried a lot of fixes but nothing worked. Now I am Windows 11 with the same problem. Anyone have any ideas? TIA Sally

fdegrove

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Can you check if you're running in tablet mode?
If so turn it off, reboot and check if it works now.
Should that not work run SFC/scan now from an elevated command prompt to check if the system is healthy.

Cheers, ;)

Vote:

Srinivasan

Reaction score
Hi All, I joined Windows Insider and downloaded the update on the day of Windows 11. The install appeared to go fine. I have all my files etc. In Windows 10 my right click on start button did not work. I tried a lot of fixes but nothing worked. Now I am Windows 11 with the same problem. Anyone have any ideas? TIA Sally
Please update your Mouse drivers if any first. If this doesn't work then you may have to go back to the classic context menu instead of the modern menu. For doing this step please search online as to how you can do this step.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
There is an insider section on the forum. If you repost there someone else may have encountered the same problem?

Vote:

Ask a Question