Task Manager - completely bugged

collier

Reaction score
^ Screen record showing issue. Attached photo shows specs

Since the latest win11 update, my task manager can only force close apps intermittently, and sometimes doesn't even refresh to show active applications. Additionally, every time I close it, instead of just closing like it used to, it blanks out, stops responding, and then crashes. I play many modded games and use task manager daily to navigate crashes and freezes, which has become an absolute thorn in my side.

Any advice would be brilliant, cheers.

Attachments

• taskmanagershit.png
    taskmanagershit.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 1

Sir_George

Reaction score
^ Screen record showing issue. Attached photo shows specs

Since the latest win11 update, my task manager can only force close apps intermittently, and sometimes doesn't even refresh to show active applications. Additionally, every time I close it, instead of just closing like it used to, it blanks out, stops responding, and then crashes. I play many modded games and use task manager daily to navigate crashes and freezes, which has become an absolute thorn in my side.

Any advice would be brilliant, cheers.
You can uninstall the update and see if that corrects the issue.

Click the Windows icon, type “Update”, then click Pause for 1 week to temporarily pause automatic updates.
Select Update history, then scroll down and click Uninstall updates.
Right-click the update you want to uninstall, then click Uninstall.

You may want to write down the KB number so you can reference which update caused the problem.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question