Task scheduler - robocopy

ando

Reaction score
I have an interesting problem that I would like some help with.
I have set up a task in the task scheduler which I has a Trigger of -
"Daily At 8.00 AM every day After triggered, repeat every 1 hour for a duration of 12 hours"
The task runs as specified, BUT ..... at 8.00 AM and at 9.00 AM whilst it starts, it does not execute anything in the .Bat file at all and terminated with a code of 0x01, and 10.00 AM, 11.00 AM, 12.00 PM, 1.00 PM etc. it runs and executes the coding in the .Bat file perfectly as intended.
What can be the possible reason for this??
This same pattern happens every day.
Thanks for any help.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Here are some fixes:
  • Right click on your task > "Properties" > "Actions" > "Edit" | Put ONLY the file name under 'Program/Script', no quotes and ONLY the directory under 'Start in' as described, again no quotes.​
  • Right click on your task > "Properties" > "General" | Test with any/all of the following:​
    1. "Run with highest privileges" (test both options)
    2. "Run wheter user is logged on or not" (test both options)
    3. Check that "Configure for" is set to your machine's OS version
    4. Make sure the user account running the program has the right permissions
From StackOverflow

Vote:

Lingwini

Reaction score
I agree with Xploit solution and Also I would suggest using GUI alternatives to Robocopy that have efficient and reliable schedulers that can do your copy or backups directly and accurately like Teracopy and Gs Richcopy 360, please check the below features and capabilities for these tools :
  • Designed for high-performance file copying and migration.
  • Offers advanced features like multi-threading, resume on error, bandwidth throttling, file verification, and detailed logging.
  • Might be a valuable tool if the .bat file involves extensive file operations.
  • Focused on faster and more reliable file transfers.
  • Features include error recovery, pause and resume functionality, shell integration, and file verification.
  • This could potentially enhance the file transfer process within the .bat file.
Potential Benefits in Your Scenario:
  • Both tools could improve the speed, reliability, and error-handling capabilities of file operations within the .bat file, potentially reducing the likelihood of execution failures at specific times.
  • Their logging features could provide more granular insights into file transfer processes, aiding in troubleshooting and identifying any time-specific issues.
  • They offer advanced features that might make the file operations more resilient to potential errors or conflicts, especially during those problematic hours.
Thanks

Vote:

Ask a Question