Taskbar Move

kimberean

Reaction score
Having already complained about MS's attitude on the inability to move the taskbar to the left, I am left bewildered that recent upgrades prevent the app Explorer Patcher working. Why on earth on they so ludite? If people want and NEED this feature a 3rd party app is the best way to go. Having avoided Macs for a life time this taskbar issue is pusing me to trying a Mac solution.
It is beyond belief that MS are so arrogant a) not to listen to users and b) force a useless feature on users. The bottom taskbar is a continual pain. If the autohide actually worked it might be better but it does Not.

Disgusted by MS.

Bighorn

Reaction score
[But I agree with you, why Microsoft doesn't simply integrate Explorer Patcher (as an option) into Window 11
Since it appears to be a third-party software [Valinet] it may be that Microsoft doesn't want to buy it.

RogerOver

Reaction score
Since it appears to be a third-party software [Valinet] it may be that Microsoft doesn't want to buy it.

Given the many, many claims from users for a useable taskbar, I am pretty sure, that it's not a question of price or cost for Microsoft, but that Microsoft doesn't want to implement a taskbar that merits it's name.

The real question is: why don't they want to implement it (they did it in Windows 10) ?
... I see a general tendency: ... the recent announcement of a "cloud based" operating system by Microsoft (Azure), which will deprive the user of all control over his/her computer. ... Perhaps as early as in Windows 12.

See also: https://arstechnica.com/security/20...blasted-for-its-culture-of-toxic-obfuscation/

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Given the many, many claims from users for a useable taskbar, I am pretty sure, that it's not a question of price or cost for Microsoft, but that Microsoft doesn't want to implement a taskbar that merits it's name.

The real question is: why don't they want to implement it (they did it in Windows 10) ?
... I see a general tendency: ... the recent announcement of a "cloud based" operating system by Microsoft (Azure), which will deprive the user of all control over his/her computer. ... Perhaps as early as in Windows 12.

See also: https://arstechnica.com/security/20...blasted-for-its-culture-of-toxic-obfuscation/

Myself tested the Explorer Patch but isn't compatible, the app halted my W11 .. I need to re-install W11 :(

RogerOver

Reaction score
Come on ! This is really not serious for a professional like you ! ☹️

You can unistall EP from the list of installed program In "Settings\Applications\Installed Apps".
Or from the list of installed applications in the Control Panel.

Another easy way is to rename the file "ep_setup.exe" to "ep_unistall.exe" and re-run it.

---

This is how I access my astronomy programs (and other programs) through the taskbar in Windows 11 (with Explorer Patcher and True Launchbar): a taskbar with folders and shortcuts to the programs.
The start menu is reserved for drives, settings, and shortcuts to other system folders.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question