Desktop and taskbar icons unavailable

Marie

Reaction score
Hi,

Suddenly after a restart, my desktop and taskbar icons are showing as missing :
1690250844614.png
1690250954758.png

I uninstalled a couple apps recently. I don't know what could cause that. Some icons seem to reappear randomly.
Can this have a link with One Drive ?
The desktop is backup up on OD

So annoying. Please help !

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Try execute OD and re-login, alternatively before that goto SETTINGS -> APPS - INSTALLED APPS (repair then reset it), the login to one drive .. and you can also run CCleaner (free version will do fine) to remove unwanted or invalid shortcuts ..

Another choice is https://pcmanager-en.microsoft.com/ download and install Microsoft PC Manager then;

1690255435393.png

Just an advice, don't use OD to backup shortcuts .. only sync important personal files, myself already permanently removed OD because the app is a crap ..​

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
For a simple check, you could right click an empty space, , on your desktop, select view, and make sure you have the icons ticked.

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hi,

Suddenly after a restart, my desktop and taskbar icons are showing as missing :
View attachment 1212
View attachment 1213

I uninstalled a couple apps recently. I don't know what could cause that. Some icons seem to reappear randomly.
Can this have a link with One Drive ?
The desktop is backup up on OD

So annoying. Please help !
Try rebuilding the icon cache. See below weblink for details.

Vote:

Ask a Question