Task Scheduler service is not available

xeophyte

Reaction score
Hello, I am asking for help with a corrupted Task Scheduler.
Using the WIndows 11 Manager- Registry Tool, I deleted several registry keys related to a program I had uninstalled. The registry has been backed up.
After this operation, the task scheduler and all programs running from it stopped working properly - I receive the message "Task Scheduler service is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it."
After confirming this message, the scheduler starts, but the programs added there do not start at system startup.
Attempting to restore a copy of the registry ends with a message that not everything has been added. It doesn't fix the task schedule. There are many entries in the registry copy file unrelated to the key removed by the tool, but nothing related to the schedule either. I don't know how it's possible that the schedule got corrupted.
In the service manager, the task scheduler is set to Enabled and Automatically and it turns on. The problem is with the error that pops up automatically when turned on when the scheduler goes to the Task Scheduler Library.
Could the registry tool delete what it shouldn't and the backup didn't include it?

RogerOver

Reaction score
For renaming the "Tree":

Rightclick on "Tree" first and then click "Permissions".

Then try to change the owner by:
(1) clicking on "Advanced",
(2) then (under "Owner" at the top) click on "Modify"
(3) then again "Advanced"
(4) then "Search"
(5) then find "Your user name" in the list and change the owner
(6) back in the "Owner" window, tick the empty box just below the owner saying "apply to all subsfolders" or somethings like this
(7) then click apply at the bottom right.
(8) Close all windows and try again to rename "Tree".

As the case may be, it may be necessary that you also give yourself "Acces rights" by opening the "Permissions" window in "Tree" again, go to "Add" and then follow a procedure similar to the above.

If you managed to rename the "Tree" key, follow the procedure described by "The windows club" in the link above.

---
As I said it's not easy, and there is no guarantee that it will work ! (You said you are "modded": does this mean you only have user, not administrator rights on the computer ?)

And finally, for security reasons, I'd put the intital "owner" back on to the "Tree" entry (by doing all the steps above the other way round).

Good luck !

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Task Scheduler have dependent services, make sure below is set to automatic and running;
  • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
  • COM Server Process Launcher
  • RPC Endpoint Mapper
Logon permission, set as below;

1688720433937.png

Vote:

xeophyte

Reaction score
For renaming the "Tree":

Rightclick on "Tree" first and then click "Permissions".

Then try to change the owner by:
(1) clicking on "Advanced",
(2) then (under "Owner" at the top) click on "Modify"
(3) then again "Advanced"
(4) then "Search"
(5) then find "Your user name" in the list and change the owner
(6) back in the "Owner" window, tick the empty box just below the owner saying "apply to all subsfolders" or somethings like this
(7) then click apply at the bottom right.
(8) Close all windows and try again to rename "Tree".

As the case may be, it may be necessary that you also give yourself "Acces rights" by opening the "Permissions" window in "Tree" again, go to "Add" and then follow a procedure similar to the above.

If you managed to rename the "Tree" key, follow the procedure described by "The windows club" in the link above.

---
As I said it's not easy, and there is no guarantee that it will work ! (You said you are "modded": does this mean you only have user, not administrator rights on the computer ?)

And finally, for security reasons, I'd put the intital "owner" back on to the "Tree" entry (by doing all the steps above the other way round).

Good luck !
Not working. I add manually my account and give all permissions, but still getting the error. I even used RegOwnit soft and it didn't even add my account.

Dependent services set to automatic and running, Logon permission as on image.

Vote:

Ask a Question