Taskbar customization not completly available

itzfirecomet

Reaction score
I can't cstomize the color or size of my taskbar and it isn't enabled, does anyone know why because my windows is activated?

dona

Reaction score
Hi.To change the taskbar color you need to do this:

Choose your mode = Custom
Choose your default Windows mode = Dark
Choose your default App mode = Light

Then you go down and set Accent Colour = Manual

Then you pick-up your desired colour.

Go down again and set Show accent colour on Start and taskbar to ON

(see image below)
1637514658378.png
1637515029288.png

dona

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the size can not be changed in the desired way. You can change the size of the icons in the taskbar but only for a very limited number, 3 sizes : small, medium(default) and large, using the registry. Here it is how :

1. Open Regedit. You can do by hitting Windows key + R and typing regedit or by searching for regedit, using the search menu.

2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.

3. Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value by right clicking in the right window pane and selecting New->DWORD (32-bit) Value.

4. Name the value TaskbarSi.

5. Set the value to one of the following to 0, 1 or 2 which give you small, medium or large. You set the value by double clicking on TaskbarSi.

6. Close Regedit and reboot.

You will now have the size of taskbar icons you set. If you don't like it, you can always go back and change it.

or

you can use the attached registry teak files

Attachments

• win11_taskbar_size_registry_hacks.zip
    1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

dona

Reaction score
you can also move the taskbar to the top or the bottom of the screen using the attached registry tweaks

Attachments

• win11_taskbar_location_registry_hack.zip
    812 bytes · Views: 1

jab8356

Reaction score
If you want the Win 10 taskbar back with the ability to move it to top, bottom, left, or right side of the screen and ability to have taskbar labels and pin things to them, Google "Explorer patcher for windows 11". It's on GitHub. This does not change the Win 11 Start menu.

Boomerang Gaming

Reaction score
I can't cstomize the color or size of my taskbar and it isn't enabled, does anyone know why because my windows is activated?
I too was struggling with the new taskbar, much preferring the old one of which we had control over. I found an app that brings back the old style and its functions, and will use that until Microsoft replace all its functions. I've been using it now for months without any issues at all. its called 'ExplorerPatcher'.

Ask a Question