TPM installation.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I have a Win 11 (23H2) system using a Asus P8H77-M MB. I installed a TPM chip on the MB and the Bios (1306 x64) sees it. I enabled the TPM in the bios and it also has a setting called "Pending Operations" the 3 options for this is Enable Take Ownership, Disable Take Ownership, and TPM clear. I tried the first two options but the system does not see the TPM. Could that be because I made some registry tweaks in order to overide TPM so I could install win 11 a while back.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Could that be because I made some registry tweaks in order to overide TPM so I could install win 11 a while back.
Quite possibly. Usually a BIOS will have a place to reset it to Default, might help. I've upgraded to Win11 on a couple of unsupported Notebooks and a Desktop but only by running it from a USB drive where I made the single-file change.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
TPM is just piece of crap technology .. supposed to be implemented only to enterprise machines and not home end-users :D

Ask a Question