Uninstalr and registry remnants of software uninstalled longtime ago

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to share an experience with you !

I had since many month an entry in my Event logs, saying that my Realtek network driver has found an invalid network entry. I tried everything to correct this error and to get this message removed. I reinstalled the Realtek driver, reset my connection to the box, etc. Nothing helped. So I abandoned the issue.

Yesterday I tested this program, called Uninstalr (new updated version 2.0), simply because I found it interesting. It's an uninstaller and it says, it can find registry remnants of programs that you installed and uninstalled long before installing "Uninstalr". No other uninstaller, not even the very well known freewares like Revo, Geek, Iobit can do that. They do a great job in finding remnants of programs you uninstalled after having installed the Uninstaller, but not for softwares removed longtime ago.

And Uninstalr found ... guess what ... registry remnants of Virtualbox which I had installed (and later unistalled) many month ago (I didn't even remember it). I executed Instalr and the Eventlog entry was gone !!

The software can also batch remove several installed softwares and registry remnants of several old (un-)installations !

But be careful ! The software still has some kind of "childhood illnesses". Because you can also remove several softwares at once or the remnants of several old installations (batch processing), it's very easy to click another program at the same time by inadvertance and you end up with not only removing the remnants, but also an installed software that you didn't want to remove. So be sure to only highlight / click the remnants (or the software) you really wanted to remove.

In conclusion, I think it's a very good program. I extensively tested tit and I also think the statements of the author here are true: sofar, no other Uninstaller finds so many registry remnants even of softwares you uninstalled longtime ago !

Edit: if you find that the scanner doesn't detect all of your installed softwares, run it as an administrator.

Last edited:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I use from Crystal Idea Uninstaller .. verty good and even its clears all path from registry ..

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Probably the worse Un-Installer is the one built in to Windows.
Some years ago, I let Windows XX uninstall MS Office 2007. The uninstall went off OK, as expected.
But, I didn't fully trust MS to clean up the registry, so I ran a trusted Registry Cleaner, and got 30+ megabytes of left over registry entries.
That decreased the overall size of my registry by 1/3.

I really like the Revo Uninstaller, the way it works and the job it does, and it even has a separate section for removing Apps.
But as good of a job that it does, I still run my registry Cleaner after I run Revo, just to do a final cleanup.

So now, I just make it a habit of running my Registry Cleaner on a regular basis, to keep it clean and efficient.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I've been using Unlocker (to delete locked files) and CrytalIdea Uninstall .. but since I have tried the IObit and I'm sticking to it, better than the one I used before ..

IObit removes some unable deletable / uninstallable files / applications easily :)

Ask a Question