Update KB 501414

Mickey52

Reaction score
updated today heard there could be issues so I set a restore point just in case. Someone said SSD would spin harder no more than any other update. Wiget's button moved to where the old Win10 was far left side of task bar, that makes since.
Edge flashed once but it has for weeks not a lot but it does, microphone icon still appears and disappears in hidden area of tasks bar. Haven tried printer heard there was an issue there but everything appears running fine. I have always had a clock on task bar with date, weather now with Widget button
I have found updating drivers is a must just before update received updates for intel drivers and a program up date to my money manager software.
If everyone wants a self-maintained system it's going to be a long wait god helps those who helps themselves

Grizzly

Reaction score
Just to make it clear:

SSD's DO NOT SPIN as they do not have mechanical parts like HDD's. Hence the name SOLID STATE drive. SSD's are like a big flash drive or memory bank

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Updates ok here (KB5010414). Now showing ver build22000.527.

I have rarely had problems with driver updates. Microsoft's own statements are that, with driver updates, they only offer the latest as provided by the manufacturer. That seems to work for me. With some old guys I help, it has been the opposite case - because of old equipment they have needed to roll back drivers.
I have no use for a mic, possibly that interfering focus assist activating it from time to time.
Widgets I have turned off. No real urgent need. but I moved all of my taskbar icons to the left - an option in the settings, several months ago. I think the widgets may have moved over with them, but, undoubtably, they are on the left.
I keep images going on a regular basis, so have disabled the restore point facility.

Obviously it works for you, but, updating drivers before an update? They could well be overwritten again then, with the installation of the update.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I read this in what the latest update is supposed to do.
"Adds weather content to the left side of the taskbar if the taskbar is aligned in the center."

Certainly explains your comment. As said, my icons I had already moved to the left side.

Vote:

Ask a Question