Updated Windows 11 to 22H2 last week and finished with a lot of problems.

Ray M

Reaction score
Updated Windows 11 to 22H2 last week and finished with a lot of problems so I decided to restore from Windows backup, then got a message that I could not restore from backup because it was a different language from the newly installed update, I even tried with a Windows 11 22H2 bootable usb the only option I got was a completely fresh install but then that was not possible so I had to delete Windows installation with third party software and do a complete reinstall.

davehc

Reaction score
Mystery to me! How could the restore comment that it was a different language from the installed update? The restore only refers to the original:rolleyes::unsure:

Ray M

Reaction score
I have Windows Backup running when I started getting issues I tried to restore from back up that's when I got the message about different languages the only option was aclean install nothing else would work.

StevenG

Reaction score
Updated Windows 11 to 22H2 last week and finished with a lot of problems so I decided to restore from Windows backup, then got a message that I could not restore from backup because it was a different language from the newly installed update, I even tried with a Windows 11 22H2 bootable usb the only option I got was a completely fresh install but then that was not possible so I had to delete Windows installation with third party software and do a complete reinstall.
What problems did you get after the 22H2 update? Also, what is your PC's model number? As I've done a 22H2 update (through windows update) on a 12th Gen gaming desktop and on a new Acer Nitro 12th Gen laptop and had no problems at all, as a matter of a fact, the 22H2 improved the OS by 10% in speed and response of all software. As doing a complete restore is where your problem is, as the best way to back up your system is to do it with a proven software like macrium reflect or easeus etc but especially macrium that has a feature called “Boot Menu option for system Image recovery” that whenever you need to restore or get a BSOD or crash you can restore very easily. I’ve used macrium for years and this has worked 100% and got me out of allot of BSOD's and crashes over the years and restored my pc to whatever backup I had. Or you should always turn the "Restore Point" feature on within windows and then go back to a previous restore point.

Last edited:

Barney556180

Reaction score
I also updated one of my PCs to 22H2 and discovered the registry mod to place the taskbar on top no longer works. I reverted back to the previous version 21H2, build 22000.1098. For me the touted new features were not worth losing the Taskbar on top.

I found that after the return to version 21H2, build 22000.1098, MS Edge no longer launches. I did all the Windows recommended fixes, but it is still MIA. Edge snaps open perfectly on another similar PC that I did not update to 22H2.

Device name HP Envy Desktop
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID CC1B39AA-EC48-45F0-9A9A-27002C5822BB
Product ID 00342-21956-14407-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎1/‎14/‎2022
OS build 22000.1098
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1098.0

Barney556180

Reaction score
What problems did you get after the 22H2 update? Also, what is your PC's model number? As I've done a 22H2 update (through windows update) on a 12th Gen gaming desktop and on a new Acer Nitro 12th Gen laptop and had no problems at all, as a matter of a fact, the 22H2 improved the OS by 10% in speed and response of all software. As doing a complete restore is where your problem is, as the best way to back up your system is to do it with a proven software like macrium reflect or easeus etc but especially macrium that has a feature called “Boot Menu option for system Image recovery” that whenever you need to restore or get a BSOD or crash you can restore very easily. I’ve used macrium for years and this has worked 100% and got me out of allot of BSOD's and crashes over the years and restored my pc to whatever backup I had. Or you should always turn the "Restore Point" feature on within windows and then go back to a previous restore point.
The first, only and show-stopper issue with the 22H2 was blocking the registry mod to position the Taskbar on top. I've gotten used it since the first Windows allowing more Taskbar positions. I reverted back and will stay on the previous version. IMO, the new features are not worth the Taskbar issue.

Ask a Question