Windows 11 22H2 is officially released today

Grizzly

Reaction score
Current release: Windows 11 2022 Update l Version 22H2
There are 3 options below for installing or creating Windows 11 media. Check out each one to determine the best option for you.

If you are upgrading from Windows 10, we recommend that you wait until you are notified through Windows Update that the upgrade is ready for your PC.

Before installing, please refer to the PC Health Check app to confirm your device meets the minimum system requirements for
Windows 11 and check the Windows release information status for known issues that may affect your device.

StevenG

Reaction score
Yes, this is on an Acer Nitro AN515-56 11th gen cpu and GTX gpu running Win-11 previous version and it was available in my Windows Update and the new 22H2 upgrade is to OS build 22621.521 and I just installed it. This upgrade works perfectly and has brought at least 10% increase in speed to my laptop. the best is that it didn't take too long to update which is also a good thing.

davehc

Reaction score
Been there - done that- Just examining it.
FWIW. Installed from mounting the ISO . Incompatible machine via MS own hack. No probs. I elected to save my personal info.

1663845032574.png

yodap

Reaction score
Thanks guy’s! Also from the incompatible camp but will give it a go this weekend.

Andrew2

Reaction score
I did clean install on my fully compatible custom-built desktop. All good thus far. Been gaming on it as well (playing Division 2). No issues.

BTW, created the USB media using the 22H2 Media Creation Tool. Install took all of 16 minutes (timed).

yodap

Reaction score
I finally got around to doing this yesterday on the old Dell Inspiron. I chose to use Rufus with the new tools built in for incompatible HW. Kept my profile and all went well. They did make me change/update my login pw after all the updates. It took about an hour start to finish including creating the Rufus tool. It runs well.

Mickey52

Reaction score
waiting for update I have been busy checking and updating drivers. Drivers have been the issue from the beginning with Win11, win10 users seems to watch theirs also. Many programs' updates have come to stop issues before they start.
I am in no hurry to update till things are right.

StevenG

Reaction score
waiting for update I have been busy checking and updating drivers. Drivers have been the issue from the beginning with Win11, win10 users seems to watch theirs also. Many programs' updates have come to stop issues before they start.
I am in no hurry to update till things are right.
What drivers have you had issues with? As MS and Intel or AMD all have chipset, graphics and together with the windows updated drivers the OS works perfectly and any games that are not compatible you can downgrade and change their compatibility to whatever that games compatibility mode is most suitable to, where is your problems? I found that in either Intel or AMD chipset systems using Win-11 H222 OS build 22621.521 has NO problems, the Intel system is a gaming 6-month-old laptop, and the AMD is a sort of a high-end gaming desktop that I've just built, its an AM4 5900X cpu, RTX-3080, 64GB 2x 32GB DDR4-4000Mhz ram and both run perfectly with Win-11 and all games, even older games in lowered compatibility modes.

Mickey52

Reaction score
no issue on drivers but they have been coming steadily from Dell my laptop manufacture, Intel and some software I have. Seems since the new build was announced they are coming more than normal. So when update comes, I should be ready.

Ask a Question