Releasing Windows 11, version 22H2 to the Release Preview Channel

Grizzly

Reaction score
I was able to install the 22H2 onto my Insider machine (which does NOT meet the conditions) using the same registry entries that I used for the 21H2 builds. One difference now is though that an email account is now required to set the system up, however it can be converted to a local account without an email present to be able to log in.
So far everything is working ok. I installed it from an ISO that has been released recently for the 22H2 build.

Untitled.png

Bastet

Reaction score
Good to hear as my PC requires a bit of jiggerypokery to work with Win 11.

semce2

Reaction score
I was unable to install 22H2; kept getting an error 0x800707E7 so I gave up.

Grizzly

Reaction score
I was unable to install 22H2; kept getting an error 0x800707E7 so I gave up.
What size is the drive you wanted to install it to?? Windows 11 requires a minimum capacity of 64GB. That error code points to corrupt user profiles as I just found out. Did you try to upgrade, or did you try a fresh install??

semce2

Reaction score
@Grizzly: I ended up biting the bullit and doing a fresh install which took me a whole day to set up everything again but I am now using 22H2.

Grizzly

Reaction score
@Grizzly: I ended up biting the bullit and doing a fresh install which took me a whole day to set up everything again but I am now using 22H2.
All the surprises Windows throws upon us little users :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes:. You are aware that this build is still an Insider build and for testing only. The real one is supposed to come out in fall

Ask a Question