Black Box Appears on Windows 11 Desktop

Cornerstone

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm having an issue ever since upgrading to Windows 11. When I first power on from a shut down state and login to Windows 11, after about 10 seconds or so the screen will flash black for a second then show the desktop again but there will be a black rectangle near the centre of the screen. The only way to get rid of it seems to be logging out and then back in again.

I am using a Ryzen 5 5600G chip with integrated graphics, no dedicated GPU. Not sure if this would affect it.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm having an issue ever since upgrading to Windows 11. When I first power on from a shut down state and login to Windows 11, after about 10 seconds or so the screen will flash black for a second then show the desktop again but there will be a black rectangle near the centre of the screen. The only way to get rid of it seems to be logging out and then back in again.

I am using a Ryzen 5 5600G chip with integrated graphics, no dedicated GPU. Not sure if this would affect it.

Thanks in advance!
I had (and sometimes still have) a box showing up after a restart telling me to download the latest software from Microsoft and including a link. The link leads nowhere, and typing in the information in a browser (Edge) gets me nothing. I've finally decided to just live with it after MS support couldn't permanently fix it. (I don't get the black rectangle you describe.)

Vote:

Honedew

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
Go to Task Manager, Scroll to very near the bottom .Find Windows Explorer. Click on it then Restart in bottom right corner

Vote:

ooo

Reaction score
I think it's a problem with windows updating the amd drivers to an old version, every time the black box appears the driver version is old or incompatible, I tried everything to make windows not update drivers... nothing works. dogshit OS

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

provide pictures, videos .. it would tell thousands of words rather than "text" ..

Vote:

RandomUser99

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
Hey, if you have Microsoft teams open, try closing it, and check if that's the issue, because it was for me.

Vote:

Honedew

Reaction score
Go to Task Manager, Scroll to very near the bottom .Find Windows Explorer. Click on it then Restart in bottom right corner

Vote:

Ask a Question