Upgrade from W11 Home to W11 Pro version-is it worth it?

cyclist

Reaction score
Hello, just reaching out to this forum as I have done several times in the past. Can anyone comment if upgrading to W11 Pro version from W11 Home is worth the $$? Currently, I am running W11 Home 23H and I have read that the Pro version offers a significant upgrade especially with the security platforms. Even though I have not experienced any issue related to Malware etc. while running on the Windows defender platform, I am always trying stay on top these issues. Any thoughts? Thank you

Bastet

Reaction score
Pro has Hyper V, Group Policy, Bitlocker, Sandbox, Trusted Boot & Remote desktop, if you’re not going to use any of these then it’s not worth upgrading.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
But he doesn't have Pro....He has Home!
The upgrade from one version of windows to another, can possibly be expensive, and fraught with pitfalls.

If what you have is working, don't mess with it.

Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
I agree. I personally always have preferred the Pro version because the Home version is a little restricted. However, if your system is running satisfactory, don't change a thing. Aside from that changing is involved with plenty of $$$.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I have a Desktop and a Notebook with the Pro Edition and a Desktop and a Notebook with the Home Edition, for most consumers it wouldn't make much difference. The Pro machines were new and the Home were rehabbed machines from 2019 given me for parts. I also have 2 Notebooks with unsupported installs, one Pro and one Home, no issues except for a pop-up on the Home about no TPM.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Well, all my Windows Install Flash Drives were prepared by Rufus, so there are NO messages about TPM or anything else, MS BS related.
Just a tip!
As a Windows enthusiast, I have every version of Windows, on Flash Drives, going all the way back to Windows 98.
Except for Windows 8.0. lol
I've had just enough problems, setting up Windows xx Home on new PC's, that I'd just as soon NOT.
Pro is much simpler to set up. And runs GREAT, by the way!

If I were given a brand new PC, with Windows xx Home on it, I'd just as soon reformat the HD and install Windows xx/Pro.
I'd be saving myself a lot of grief!

Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Ask a Question