Wait for SENS (System Event Notification Services)

miklro

Reaction score
Since about 1 week when booting windows 11 Pro the following message appears: „Wait for SENS (System Event Notification Services“). Consequently the starting of Windows is delayed by approx. 45 seconds. The internet offers various solutions how to get rid of this message, however only for Windows Server and Windows 10. I tried all of them but without success. Can anybody help? Preferably without an Inplace-Upgrade or a new installation of Windowe.

I use only Windows Defender. The service SENS is running and set to automatic.

Thank you in advance and regards,
miklro

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Disable and enable SENS service: In the same Services window, right-click on System Event Notification Service and click "Properties". Change the startup type to "Disabled" and click "Apply". Restart the computer. After the restart, change the startup type back to "Automatic (Delayed Start)" and click "Apply

Try usage either Disabled, Automatic, or Automatic (Delayed Start) whichever works well for you. :)

Vote:

miklro

Reaction score
Thank you, however when I try to set up the SENS service to Automatic (Delayed Start) I get following message:
"The delayed auto-start flag could not be set. Error 897: The parameter is incorrect."

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Windows Repair has a section to repair Services. Install, launch and go directly to Repair (twice).

You will be asked to do the repair in Safe mode and the program will automatically create a registry backup, which you will find in C:\ and which you can delete, if everything is repaired and fine. I'd do it from the Safe mode in this case. (Just accept to "go to Safe mode" or similar, it will restart automatically in Save mode).

Find back the Windows repair.exe and run it.
Then check only and exclusively the box: "Repair acces rights for Services" (or similar, my computer is in French), uncheck all others.

(If the programs seems blocked after "counting it's files" (verifying completeness), just click on the (X) top right to close it; ... it will continue :D !! Seems to be a bug, I had this twice or thrice or so).

Hope this works for you !

Last edited:

Vote:

miklro

Reaction score
Thank you, however when I try to set up the SENS service to Automatic (Delayed Start) I get following message:
"The delayed auto-start flag could not be set. Error 897: The parameter is incorrect."

Sorry for my stupid mistake: The Error is 87 and not 897.
Sorry for my mistake. The Error is 87, not 897.

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
The Error is 87

Yes, error 87 indicates that there is an error with permissions (acces rights) to a service. But this error is a bit complicated to repair manually, see here (more to the end): https://serverfault.com/questions/9...roperties-error-87-the-parameter-is-incorrect

So if you want, try Windows Repair (all in one), as explained in my previous post. Further down in the list of repair options, there is another box to check concerning Services. To be one safe side, you could check both boxes, but I don't think this second box is the problem, but the number three on the list (permissions for services).

Vote:

Ask a Question