Want to find Recycle Bin and put on Desktop or toolbar

Ben Myers

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, click "Personalization" in the left window, scroll down and click "Themes", then scroll down and click "Desktop icon settings", check the boxes of the items you want on the desktop and click "OK".

Ben

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
You may have a different version from Ben.
I think mine is the latest, but this is my path:
right click the desktop and select personalise.
Themes are over on the Left
Desktop icon settings over on the right

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
in case ..

The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from a hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin and the Recycle Bin icon changes from empty to full. If you like, you can add Empty Recycle Bin to the context menu when you right click on the desktop, and right click on the background of a folder or drive opened in File Explorer. This can make it easier to empty your recycle bin from these locations without having to switch to the desktop and right click or open the Recycle Bin. This tutorial will show you how to add Empty Recycle Bin to the context menu for all users in Windows 10 and Windows 11.

You must be signed in as an administrator to add and remove the "Empty Recycle Bin" context menu.If your recycle bin is empty, the Empty Recycle Bin context menu will be grayed out.​

"Empty Recycle Bin" context menu and confirmation (Right click on background of opened folder or drive)
Empty_Recycle_Bin_context_menu-1.png

Empty_Recycle_Bin_context_menu-2.png

You will need to click/tap on Show more options first by default, then click/tap on Empty Recycle Bin.

1670410372454.png

Attachments

• Add Empty Recycle Bin - Context Menu.reg
    567 bytes · Views: 1
  • Remove Empty Recycle Bin - Context Menu.reg
    259 bytes · Views: 0

Vote:

Lee@blog

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, click "Personalization" in the left window, scroll down and click "Themes", then scroll down and click "Desktop icon settings", check the boxes of the items you want on the desktop and click "OK".

Ben
Thanks for trying. I did all those steps. Yet the recycle bin when checked and OK Apply............did not bring to the Desktop Icons. But thanks for trying.

Vote:

Ask a Question