What Happens If I Force Run Windows 11 On A Computer With AMD APU?

oldlinuxdistros111

Reaction score
It's Not Supported With Windows 11:ROFLMAO: But I Want To Know If It Will Work On Windows 11 Or It Will Lag So Much, I Forced Made It Bypass The Compatibility But I Want To Make Sure It Will Run Good Before I Start Craziness On Installing It Because This Is My Main Machine!

8gb Ram
CPU: AMD A8-3870 APU
GPU: Radeon HD 6550D

Bighorn

Reaction score
If using the "tweaks" to bypass the System Requirements of Win11 one must keep in mind that future Version Upgrades and/or Build updates may cause those to revert to default in turn preventing Win11 running on unsupported hardware. Because I have to see what my clients will see I had to get new computers as none of my several will properly run Win11, newest was from 2016. Bottom line, consider the warning that was given to the Insider Preview folks [formally was Technical Preview when I got into it], don't use on a Production or Only computer.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
It's Not Supported With Windows 11:ROFLMAO: But I Want To Know If It Will Work On Windows 11 Or It Will Lag So Much, I Forced Made It Bypass The Compatibility But I Want To Make Sure It Will Run Good Before I Start Craziness On Installing It Because This Is My Main Machine!

8gb Ram
CPU: AMD A8-3870 APU
GPU: Radeon HD 6550D

u may also do this trick;

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I discovered a long time ago, that if I'm going to do anything out of the ordinary, with Windows (any version) that I should shut off MS Updates, because an update may just shoot me down.

For instance, I could get Windows Mail to work just fine on Windows 8.1 (it's not supposed to, according to Microsoft) but a MS Update would disable it. So the only fix was to shut off Windows Updates.

Just a thought......

Shadow :cool:

manannoy

Reaction score
Running Windows 11 on a computer with an unsupported AMD APU can lead to various issues and performance issues. While you may be able to bypass the compatibility check and install Windows 11, it is not recommended, especially on your main machine

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
OH my gawd! If that advise were followed, we'd all be in the poor house. At least some of us can't afford to go out and buy a new computer every time a new OS comes out.
My own PC, is so old that if it were any older it would run on steam. But defying all the nay-sayers, I've installed Windows 11/Pro/64 on it and it's running beautifully! (with Windows updates permanently disabled)
And, it's FAST too!

Ask a Question