Windows 10 to Windows 11 Network Connection?

netb2022

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to establish a stable home network working both ways between windows 10 and 11 computers? If so I would really appreciate some help with the configuration.

I have;

1. Dell XPS running Windows 11
2. Dell Inspiron running windows 10
3. Microsoft Surface Go running windows 10
along with
Cannon wireless printer
all connected via Wifi to a
Linksys RE7000 wifi Extender.

The XPS is a new replacement for the old 7773 Inspiron that was running windows 10 on the old network.

All three computers have stable internet connection and all three are able to use the cannon printer.
When seated at the XPS with Win.11 I have a stable network with access to share, transfer, edit and/or create as well as pull from both folders and files on either of the two windows 10 machines.

When seated at either of the two computers running windows 10, however, I can only share folders and files with the other windows 10 machine but not the XPS with windows 11. I can see the XPS listed under the network folder but I can NOT access any of the shared XPS folders or files. When I try I get one of two seemingly random messages.

Either
A message saying the username or password is incorrect.
or
A message saying "You do not have permission to access. Contact your network administrator to request access."

How is it that it all works just fine from 11 to 10's but does NOT work from 10's to 11?

Last edited:

Gtip

Reaction score
Well I am not an expert on it but you can try this Run the Network adapter troubleshooter or access the or share file as an run/share as an administrator

Ask a Question