Windows 11 performance reduction glitch

Joshua Royal

Reaction score
Hello I am using laptop(mi notebook 14) windows 10 for past 2 years and I had no issues with it. But after upgrading windows to 11 I had a weird performance problem.

Whenever I boot my laptop It starts perfectly fine. After using some time a strange noise occur from my laptop which beeps periodically .Then if I try to use my laptop further my laptop performance drastically reduced(like performance was halved) .

I don't know where to start to relate this problem with . So is there any hardware component that emit beep or beep like sound in a laptop ?

Joshua Royal

Reaction score
Could be a warning of memory failure/fault
Will this problem level increase(like not booting) if I use my laptop as usual or the same problem will continue until it is fixed.
Thanks in advance
Would suggest you look in Event Viewer to see if any hardware errors have been logged.
Thanks for the reply. Will open it after it booted everytime.

Vote:

Joshua Royal

Reaction score
You could check disk space free, its a fair bit larger as it has android 11 in it too! and linux .. sort of
Check you have the minimum RAM. ensure TPM 2.0 is enabled and secure boot. Enable core isolation in device security control panel. Enable all exploit protection in app guard and DEP.
If your hardware is new just try verify your install and files. Run the defrag (retrim) tool or if you're familiar with a command prompt do the defrag/trim from the windows terminal as an admin and then type in SFC /scannow then DISM.exe /cleanup-image /online /scanhealth then again DISM.exe /cleanup-image /online /CheckHealth then again DISM.exe /cleanup-image /online /RestoreHealth
then DISM.exe /cleanup-image /online /Startcomponentcleanup Then DISM.exe /cleanup-image /online /StartcomponentCleanupResetbase
in the right click run as administrator windows terminal or possibly powershell prompt.
You can also then in the terminal cleanMGR /veryverylowdisk i think the command was? try cleanmgr /? or -help or just type cleanmgr for a list of commands maybe like cleanmgr /autotune or cleanmgr sageset:65535 then cleanmgr.exe sagerun:65535 Select *
check your BIOS if SRVIO is enabled.. disabling that for me sped things up somehow? also enable above 4G decoding and resizeable bar. I've an AMD ryzen 5600x and 5700xt in my x570 board so i set my RAM timings to lowest latency for performance and lowest mhz and specify the xmp profiles voltage but not enable xmp. then i 1866mhz 99928 or something can aim for the 1866mhz default timings in dram info i've expensive gaming bdie RAM but yeah command rate 1T and disable gear down mode work well for me and turning on PBO (hit boost clock as target more than base clock under load).

I've found many CPU and GPU features and audio hardware and video hardware and OS features like directx12.5 or vulkan arent turned on by default. So i enable freesync and SIMD and full multiply Add 3 or AV1 or AVX or antilag or asynccompute. You can tell the OS or the graphics drivers to turn on things like ray tracing or HDR by typing in the name or word for it in a text file and name that file config.ini and place in your Documents directory. This will work for android 11 phones and win11 PC's. probably linux and ps5 and xbox SX or whatever too i've not tested those though its based on GPUopen.com open source AMD drivers and software which nvidia use for all their stuff.. basically intel and nvidia wait till AMD stuff is 50 years old to steal it in a nutshell AMD are true super computers. Here is a config file i've typed up myself.. its super not perfect. but makes most of my games look a little more like the hangar 21 video demo of fidelity FX. Even playstation 3 holds many world records still decades later.. for that one guy who figured out how to use one of thems CPU without the GPU at all to render movies in 12 seconds..
https://pastebin.com/edit/iKC0eaPx
with android devices the config file i typed up works best on the 8k VR beyond ultra gaming mobile phones like anything qualcomm snapdragon 835 or higher.. such as my LG V60 or a samsung or oneplus or xiaomi or other snapdragon chips.
Hi thanks for the reply. I have found and fixed the problem.

By using event viewer I found the error(core 7 can't get the required power) this leads to reduction in performance. So just changed the processor minimum state to 20% from 5%.

I was just wondering why this was not a problem in windows 10(i5 10th gen)
Maybe they improved multitasking by Utilizing all cores for windows 11?

I have still have beep sound but that don't have any side effects(like reduction in performance) so i will post this in a new thread.

Thankyou for helping..........

Vote:

Ask a Question