Windows 12

davehc

Reaction score
Rumours around that windows 12 is in the pipeline. Googling hasnt shown anything reliable.
Redmond has a good explanation - It is a windows look linux, dubbed 12

Mickey52

Reaction score
it's like a car you can only do so much with upgrades when are going to have to replace it. Win 11 will go through upgrades till like 10 it will be having to be replaced. The miss leading thought of Win10 being the last was just a theory that did not work. How many come before Win10? I have seen a lot since 1984 like Win3.1

Grizzly

Reaction score
and yet, Windows 12 will still be Windows 10 under the hood just as Windows 11 is. Lipstick and mascara

Grizzly

Reaction score
found this on a German computer site:

However, I have read also that the basis of Windows 12 is no longer Windows 10 (as it is the case with Windows 11) but should get a
Linux based basis. (MS has invested more and more into Linux in the recent years, so that actually does not surprise me). Windows 12
will that way probably be available in a few years as they (Microsoft) want to reinvent the wheel....... AGAIN!

[edit]
found some more on the rumors of Windows 12:

Some of these links I found seem to be unbelievable so take the information with extreme caution ! ! ! !

Last edited:

rfsmith7

Reaction score
But the above report was written in September 2020, way before Windows 11 was announced?

davehc

Reaction score
But the above report was written in September 2020, way before Windows 11 was announced?
Yes.. Didn't see the date. But it still makes interesting reading.

The linux distribution and is still, apparently, drawing curious downloaders in. I'm a little surprised that MS haven't stepped in with murmurs about copyright on titles!!:cool::cool::cool::rolleyes:

There is, already, one windows forum (not this one) which has already opened a Windows 12 dedicated forum and, even more surprising, it already has contributions!:whistle:

Last edited:

Bastet

Reaction score
If Microsoft are working on Windows 12 then either it’ll take 6 or 7 years to be released or it’s an indication that Windows 11 is a failure. Why work on a new OS when the current one has just been released.

Samsung User

Reaction score
it's like a car you can only do so much with upgrades when are going to have to replace it. Win 11 will go through upgrades till like 10 it will be having to be replaced. The miss leading thought of Win10 being the last was just a theory that did not work. How many come before Win10? I have seen a lot since 1984 like Win3.1
i too remenber windows 3.1 then 95 etc

Mickey52

Reaction score
like our phones there will be system updates, but we will get them as they are ready. There was Win3.1 why not Win12 -13-14 hope they bypass 13

Ask a Question