Windows 7 to 11Problem

Good_Omen23

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 11 and I must say I have been pretty happy with the operation. Happier than I was with Windows 10.
Now I would like to upgrade my HP laptop to 11 but I figured I would need to update it first from 7 to 10. I've already done this with 3 older
computers, with no problem, but this computer keeps coming up with an 0x80072F8F error. It has 7 with SP1, 8GB of RAM, and 50GB of HD space available
with an i5 processor. I tried running Windows as an Administrator, I updated the Registry and emptied the Software Distribution Folder, as
recommended but, I still get the error. Anyone have any other ideas? :( Thank you.

Bighorn

Reaction score
To add, a machine that came with Win7 probably won't meet the requirements of Win11 for TPM/Trusted Platform Module and at least an 8th Generation for the Intel CPU.
There also is a list for AMD CPUs.

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
I had a laptop that came with Vista. I still could install Windows 11 by bypassing the requirements. However, my other laptop won't even boot into the setup of Win11 and it came with Windows 7.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I also have a few older Notebooks that can't properly run Win11 default install but would imagine there's some BIOS setting/s that will get in the way of the install even with 'tweaks' applied. It appears to be all about the Security stuff and drive formatting of MBR or GPT, boot UEFI, etc.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I have found just one irrefutable condition for installing Windows 11 on any PC. That is, that the PC must be 64 bit compatible. So far, anyway, there is no 32 bit version of Win-11.
I have installed Win-11 on several of my own PC's that are many years old, and not a one has 'TMP' and most have AMD Athlon cpu's. Definitely NOT state of the art.
If my PC were any older, it would run on Steam.

Vote:

Good_Omen23

Reaction score
I had a laptop that came with Vista. I still could install Windows 11 by bypassing the requirements. However, my other laptop won't even boot into the setup of Win11 and it came with Windows 7.
Can't get past this error message. Tried so many things. Older laptops were OK. This one has better specs based on the requirements. So frustrating. Just going to leave it for right now.

Vote:

Good_Omen23

Reaction score
I also have a few older Notebooks that can't properly run Win11 default install but would imagine there's some BIOS setting/s that will get in the way of the install even with 'tweaks' applied. It appears to be all about the Security stuff and drive formatting of MBR or GPT, boot UEFI, etc.
So frustrating!

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score

Vote:

Ask a Question