Windows Hello + Password

Sharan

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to delete the Hello PIN, to be able to start up without any password request, but it did not work, and following some manips to get out of it, I found myself starting up with two user requests (myself and myself photo 953), one for the PIN code (photo034) Hello, and the other with the Windows Password (photo022), luckily I know both, but I would like to remove both possibilities.

Who can help me ???

Thank you

Attachments

• 20211209_170953-C.jpg
    20211209_170953-C.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211209_171022-C.jpg
    20211209_171022-C.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211209_171034-C.jpg
    20211209_171034-C.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

Sharan

Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone tell me if Windows 11 has two users like in the picture here (Administrator + User)

I am the only one to use this computer at home, and when I start a session I have two users (me and me) image #2

Can I safely delete user "Utilisateur"

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2021-12-09 210205.png

Capture d’écran 2021-12-09 190526.png

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-12-09 190526.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-12-09 190526.png
    394.5 KB · Views: 0

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if Windows 11 has two users like in the picture here (Administrator + User)
Nope.
Not two users.
One user who is a member of two built in security groups (Administrators Group and Users Group).
Very typical

It looks to me like you may have, in your efforts to circumvent the need of typing in a password, employed either
netplwiz
OR
control userpasswords2
Which are actually the same thing

IF that is the case, then go back and tick the box "Users must enter ........"
Reboot and see if second instances of your account disappears from your login options

Vote:

Sharan

Reaction score
Hello,

THanks for your help,

Yes, I tried with the both application

I no longer have the case "Users must enter ........"

Capture d’écran 2021-12-10 084920.png

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I believe that is another very useful tricj´k that MS have removed in Windows 11.

Try this, instead:

Unzuip. You have an Appl hack and a normalise/return to default hack

Attachments

• Bypass TPM Windows 11.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 4

Vote:

Sharan

Reaction score
Hello from France Davehc,

I am French, and I don't understand what is a "Hack".

What is that application ? what is it doing ? I don't want to make more mess, I just finished to install all the softwares I will need to work with my brand new computer and it took me more than 10Hours.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Your choice. It is a reg fix, as is netplwiz. It does exactly the same - creates an auto login

Last edited:

Vote:

Sharan

Reaction score
Your choice. It is a reg fix, as is netplwiz.

If that can help someone !!!

I managed to only have the PIN code request and no more proposal twice myself at the bottom of the home screen, the trick is to reset "DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion" to 0, then turn off the computer and not only restart it.

By restarting it it doesn't work

Now I have to figure out how to remove the PIN code request from Hello !!!

If someone has a safe and good solution

Thanks

Vote:

orlbuckeye

Reaction score
Well I use Windows Hello with face recognition and it uses a pin as backup as sometimes you too far away from camera or you have a hat on.

Vote:

Sharan

Reaction score
Well I use Windows Hello with face recognition and it uses a pin as backup as sometimes you too far away from camera or you have a hat on.

Yes, I don't want anything to waste my time when I turn on my computer, and I'm not paranoid.

All my computers are open, and it saves me a lot of time and saves my nerves !!!

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Un "Hack" est une modification d'un composant de - son - ordinateur, qui n'est pas approuvée par l'auteur. Parfois malveillant, mais des forums comme ceux-ci, surtout utiles

Vote:

Sharan

Reaction score
Un "Hack" est une modification d'un composant de - son - ordinateur, qui n'est pas approuvée par l'auteur. Parfois malveillant, mais des forums comme ceux-ci, surtout utiles

Ah, mais tu es Français ??? ou tu as utilisé un traducteur ???

Vote:

MrBasher

Reaction score
I believe that the Hello logins are linked to your Microsoft account and cannot be deleted unless you do a reinstall and don't link it to an MS account but that brings up other annoying issues with updates etc.

Vote:

Ask a Question