Admin rights disappeared from my account.

Drew926

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an Admin account on my Windows 11 Dell 3070 PC , also a Standard user account.
Until today this has worked with the occasional request for my admin Pin number if installing a App however, today I am locked out by the : Advance User Account Control Panel.

I am unable even to run the Terminal app and run as admin. The message is : To continue, enter an admin username and password. Terminal will also be installed for the administrator. NO. There is no where for me to enter any account details.

Any help please.

Drew926

Reaction score
Solved. I tired to reset my Windows 11 though the settings method. Still locked out Looking around the web for solutions, like you are still able to move around the web, but try and download any app or open the Terminal as admin, and you are blocked by the "Advanced User Account Control Panel.

Never had this issue before with Windows so time to pull the plug. Luckily I had a USB drive with an install of Windows 11, so a complete reinstall was done.

As Windows is not my daily operating system and only run Windows 11 as a service to help family or elderly friends .

I don't save anything on this computer, any Documents or Spreadsheets uploaded onto Google Drive, that could one day change with Googles track history but have plenty of external storage if needed.

I would thoroughly recommended to anybody who finds Windows 11 just far to hard, try Google Flex OS.

For the casual user this operating system is the way of the future.

Cheers

Vote:

Ask a Question