After installing 22H2

Codybase

Reaction score
It wiped out all my settings, shortcuts, screen settings, etc. and the following problems were caused:

(1) - In the taskbar if I right click start only a very tiny blank window shows and there are no menu options
(2) Firefox gives a "Firefox is already running ..... " message. This is also true for Chrome and Thunderbird. The only browser that works is MS Edge.

I've spent a lot of time looking at how to resolve these problems, but without finding a solution that works for me. I note that issues relating to 22H2 update have been occurring since well back into 2021. That would seem to indicate there is more than one problem relating to it. I would hope that in the future a warning would be posted with any new major upgrades that will warn that of changes that will affect settings, etc.

Sir_George

Reaction score
It wiped out all my settings, shortcuts, screen settings, etc. and the following problems were caused:

(1) - In the taskbar if I right click start only a very tiny blank window shows and there are no menu options
(2) Firefox gives a "Firefox is already running ..... " message. This is also true for Chrome and Thunderbird. The only browser that works is MS Edge.

I've spent a lot of time looking at how to resolve these problems, but without finding a solution that works for me. I note that issues relating to 22H2 update have been occurring since well back into 2021. That would seem to indicate there is more than one problem relating to it. I would hope that in the future a warning would be posted with any new major upgrades that will warn that of changes that will affect settings, etc.
If you just recently upgraded, you could roll back. If interested, see the link below.

Vote:

Codybase

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I started re-making shortcuts etc. right away and the time limit for going back to Windows 10 had expired by the time I saw that a rollback was a possibility. I should have looked before I leaped!

Vote:

Codybase

Reaction score

Vote:

Codybase

Reaction score
Has anyone who has rolled back from Win 11 22H2 had success or problems with the MiniTool News Center's rollback tips using Rufus to download Win 11 21H2 or using a Win 10 ISO File?

Vote:

Ask a Question