Asus Z590-E Wifi Gaming Mobo Won't Sleep

Edwrd10

Reaction score
One of my Asus drivers is preventing my PC from sleeping.
When I do Powercfg it says, "[Driver] Asus Utility (Root/Media/0000) An audio Stream is currently in use."
Then it says, "Asus Utility (Root/Media0000) '[Driver]' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or Batch file."
Asus Utility comes with the ASUS Armoury Crate software.
I do not know how to resolve this. I have to manually put my PC to sleep. Does anyone know about this and how to resolve it? I could possibly have to do with the Realtec audio drivers that come with ASUS Sonic Studio software. Does anyone have any possible answers to this problem?

Edwrd10

Reaction score
One of my Asus drivers is preventing my PC from sleeping.
When I do Powercfg it says, "[Driver] Asus Utility (Root/Media/0000) An audio Stream is currently in use."
Then it says, "Asus Utility (Root/Media0000) '[Driver]' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or Batch file."
Asus Utility comes with the ASUS Armoury Crate software.
I do not know how to resolve this. I have to manually put my PC to sleep. Does anyone know about this and how to resolve it? I could possibly have to do with the Realtec audio drivers that come with ASUS Sonic Studio software. Does anyone have any possible answers to this problem?
A while back I posted this problem when it happened the first time. On that thread a user said to remove the Two-Way AI Noise Cancellation software from Programs and features in Control Panel. I removed that software and the problem is gone. If anyone is using an ASUS MoBo and it comes with this Two-Way AI Noise Cancellation software be aware it can be a problem with PC going to sleep. You may have to uninstall it to restore your PC to sleep.

Ask a Question