Backup

bryan123

Reaction score
How would i backup my whole computer just in case of anything to external hard drive? My laptop has an SSD drive. Whats the best way to back up? First time.

Grizzly

Reaction score
There are a few programs out there that can do this task. A favorite here is Macrium reflect which is available in a free version also and it seems to do a good job. Another one is (my favorite) Acronis true image, which is not free, however if one or more of your SSD/HDD is Western digital or SanDisk, you can download True image for free at the WD website.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I have used Macrium free for some time now. It has never hiccupped. But make yourself a boot device with it, if you decide to use it. That will/can also save you some grief.

Vote:

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
re backup i have noticed onedrive is the default under win 11 and now there is no option to backup to this pc only last time i used one drive it lost all information having said that i now use mini partion wizard its free and comes with a free backup programe which is easy and secure to use

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
re backup i have noticed onedrive is the default under win 11 and now there is no option to backup to this pc only last time i used one drive it lost all information having said that i now use mini partion wizard its free and comes with a free backup programe which is easy and secure to use
Onedrive is only meant for file backups and the free part is limited to 5GB. Image backups should never be done in the cloud.

Vote:

Ask a Question