BSOD after fresh build

rschlack

Reaction score
I found this issue strange and wanted to know if anyone had any insights on why this issue could have happened? I erased by SSD on my laptop and installed a fresh Windows 11 install on Jan 1st. After that every time I came back from a long sleep on my laptop, where I had to use the power button to start the laptop, Windows Hello would not work and then shortly after entering my pin I would Blue Screen. This happened once or twice a day every day since.

I tried every fix I could think of, shutting down fast startup and setting the drivers to not power off devices. Nothing worked. I finally decided to do a Windows refresh. I installed everything I had installed before but now my laptop is working great. Faster, no BSOD.

What could be the explination?

Rob

Apsaalooke Crow

Reaction score
What could be the explanation?

I like this thought exercise...
so, assuming you didn't change boot manager or boot sequence when you did "refresh"

my guess... not knowing what media you installed the first attempt from... after your format.
...is simply, even though the file checker tries real hard on install, a corrupted system file on the first write that was remedied by the refresh.
~peace

Vote:

rschlack

Reaction score
Makes sense. There were actually a lot of updates from MS and driver installs from Asus after the first build. The refresh had only one update from MS and no recommendations from Asus about driver updates. I forgot to mention the error. It was a driver power state failure.

Thanks for the reply.

Rob

Vote:

Ask a Question