Windows 11 Explorer Picture Thumbnails not refreshing

k_no_uta

Reaction score
I have thumbnails on and now if I edit a picture and e.g. cut away half of it, the preview thumbnail doesn't update. Meaning if I have 100 pics and start coloring each of them in another color, their thumbnails don't update and I have no idea where I last stopped unless I randomly click them and open them.

I saw that stuff has been changed i regards to thumbnails. They are crucial for visual orientation however, especially for ppl like me who can't memorise names and numbers well. So are there any options or changes I can apply for the thumbnails of pictures to instantly pudate again?

Screenshot 2021-11-22 003040.jpg

I did the thing where you go to the main drive and have the thumbnail chache deleted completely. That helped but then the next edit and it still does not update automatically.

Solution
After very very long research, trial, error, restoration, updates, I finally found the issue.

I'm using IrfanView for my picture editing. After the update, if the "Save file with original Date/time" option was set, the thumbnails wouldn't update. ////orz///

example 4.png

k_no_uta

Reaction score
After very very long research, trial, error, restoration, updates, I finally found the issue.

I'm using IrfanView for my picture editing. After the update, if the "Save file with original Date/time" option was set, the thumbnails wouldn't update. ////orz///

example 4.png

Vote:
Solution

Ask a Question