Can't rejoin AD

elogreb

Reaction score
HI i have a rather peculiar problem. First my system consist of several w11 machines , two windows servers , 2019 and 2022. These are ADcs,FTP,IIS and DNS servers. All machines are members of our AD. TWO TrueNas core fileservers (ON METAL). One xen virtual host runing several VMs under test.

Recently one of the w11machines broke down and i decided to renew it wit a new motherboard. This machin act as a mediacentre and does not require the fastest hw but a good GPU. I therfore moved the MB on my office machine to the broken machine and changed its name to the name of the old mediamachine (all data is on NAS) and removed it from the AD. Then renaming it to the old media pc's name and trying to rejoin the active directory (all thrugh the System GUI). i am not able to join the AD with the following error:

USing System- About -Domain Workgroup Then To rename this computer or change its domain....Specifying the domain -

An ACtive Domain Controler (AD DC) for the domain xxxxx could not be contacted.... The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource reckord used to locate an ACtive Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain xxxxxx.

The error was: "DNS name does not exist) error code 0x0000232b RCODE_NAME_ERROR

Pinging the DNS server works fine when pinging its IP and the name of the server. DNS setings are ok include DNS 1 and 2 and the router gives the machine a static ip. Other machines in the networ finds the AD DC just fine.

I googled the issu but found no solution or ways to debug the issue.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Ask a Question