Can't Connect to Any Network without Manually Assigning IP Address

joeoet

Reaction score
I have a peculiar problem with accessing the internet. Anytime I attempt to connect to a network, the connection is successful but without internet access. The only fix I have found is to connect another device and manually copy it's IP address to my computer. I then have to disconnect the other device from the internet for my computer to able to connect.

The network troubleshooter tells me to use an automatic IP instead of a manual one, even when it's already set to automatic. I have tried a network reset, which didn't work.

I think my computer won't assign an automatic IP address for some reason. What can I do to fix this?

joeoet

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. Though the Internet fix and cmd line reset didn't work, I was able to access the old windows troubleshooter (apparently being retired) through complete internet repair, which did fix the problem. DHCP for some reason was not enabled for wifi, which caused the problem.

Vote:

Ask a Question