Compatibility Question:

Leopard_Geck0

Reaction score
I am building a PC with a Ryzen 5 1600x and an RX570, with a B350 motherboard. Will this support windows 11 install from an external drive?

pvee

Reaction score
I am building a PC with a Ryzen 5 1600x and an RX570, with a B350 motherboard. Will this support windows 11 install from an external drive?
With a B350 motherboard you will probably have to upgrade the bios to the latest version.
Ryzen 5 1600 is not on the compatible list, ryzen 5 2600 is, but the 1600 would run fine once windows 11 is loaded. AMD cpu's have the tpm function internal, in the bios go to advanced section to enable the tpm.
A couple times I installed the approved CPU, loaded win-11 than later put a 5-1600 in with no problems. The biggest problem you may have is getting secure boot enabled properly.
In my experience the main drive needs to be a .gpt drive, not a ntfs drive, then install win-11, enable uefi boot mode.
to check if the TPM is active , run tpm.msc , and it will tell you.

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Oh woe is me! Reading all that gives me a migrane!

I hate these threads, where the OP just went away without ever telling us if he tried it and failed, or actually succeeded, in spite of the nay sayers!
Personally, I have Windows 11/Pro/64 22H2 running nicely on (6) old motherboards, with NO TPM, and CPU's that are absolutely on NO compatibility lists. And they all run great! I just use an install ISO, with all the MS BS stripped away.

Vote:

Ask a Question