CPU compatibility?

Happyman

Reaction score
checking all the min requirement to install windows 11, I find that the only problem is my cpu (i5-6500T; 6th Gen skylake) being the issue.
Is Microsoft being more of a proponent to buy new product than really being more environmentally friendly? What will happen to all the computers that do have only CPU compatibility issues and nothing else, yet they still meet the min requirement accept being older gen?
I guess Microsoft claim of being energy/environment friendly is just a PR stunt.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-28 193032.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-28 193032.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 3

orlbuckeye

Reaction score
No they are saying the time has come that malware protection is needed in the hardware along with software. So Windows 10 is still under support until 2025. When you buy a new PC it will be Windows 11 compliant. This also has to do with the Intel processor bug.

Happyman

Reaction score
No they are saying the time has come that malware protection is needed in the hardware along with software. So Windows 10 is still under support until 2025. When you buy a new PC it will be Windows 11 compliant. This also has to do with the Intel processor bug.
The CPU malware hack is old story and we were able to recover from it. But having a full 2.0TPM, secure boot and malware installed doesn't allow the concept of using the intel malware as an excuse to force newer intel processor. That makes more sense that both Microsoft and Intel/AMD are working hand in hand to decommission old porcessors and buy the new expensive units. Not everyone can pay a thousand plus dollars for a new computer while the one I have is doing all I need. 2025 is not near but still around the corner and I don't believe that neither Microsoft or the porcessor manufacturer have the right to say they need newer hardware.
Apple did that and lost in court, Maybe it is time to take Microsoft and let them have the same fate as Apple

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Thanks for the education. While I do have a new dell R11 as my primary PC and 7yr old Dell which still does everything just fine. I've never been hacked, virus, etc. which I contribute to being smart where I go and what I not click on.

Ask a Question