Computer stuck in tablet mode, keyboard and trackpad unusable

set1932

Reaction score
In short, I want to permanently disable tablet mode.

Hi I have the latest 13 inch HP spectre x360. (convertible laptop with a touchscreen)

I updated windows yesterday and ever since then it's stuck in tablet mode. in tablet mode I can neither use the keyboard nor the trackpad as they are disabled to prevent misimputs. I tried everything, including; updating the firmware, updating windows, resetting the computer, nothing worked and I'm thinking of reverting back to windows 10!

Is there any fix to this by disabling tablet mode, thank you

tpl

Reaction score
Google shows all kinds of ways but they all refer to W10. You had best take a look and try it yourself.

Vote:

Bastet

Reaction score
The Tablet mode option under Action centre has been removed in Windows 11 so you cannot switch using that.
Supposedly it should automatically switch between modes depending on how you’re using the table. If not using a keyboard then it is in tablet mode.
I would roll back to Windows 10, turn off tablet mode under action centre then try upgrading again.

We’re you offered the upgrade to 11 or did you manually install it?

Vote:

tpl

Reaction score
Can you go to old type control panel via the on screen keyboard and change it back to pc mode there. I presume the onscreen keyboard must work in tablet mode?

Vote:

Ask a Question