DVD drives (2) no longer on boot list on ASUS Z590P motherboard

ljdarby

Reaction score
Since Win11 install, lost ability to boot to DVD drives. This may be a motherboard EUFI bios issue since no DVD drives appear in my boot menu. Only choice there is Windows Boot Manager. Will call ASUS Monday (tomorrow) on chat line to see if this can be cleared up.

ljdarby

Reaction score
Long talk with ASUS support today- multiple times being put on hold for "consultation" with higher-ups by a great, courteous, caring technical agent on phone. No answer forthcoming immediately- they sent me a form to fill out with my entire system content & specs. I emailed it back quickly for the problem to be "elevated to the next level". Wish me luck...

Vote:

ljdarby

Reaction score
Took call from ASUS tech today. He told me that he is sending me an email with instructions to ferret out the problem. Sure enough, I received an email with details instructions to resolve my "monitor and video card" problems- obviously sent email intended for someone else to me. Called him back to jokingly tell him of the event & he apologized, telling me my problem would be escalated to a higher level today. The game continues, so stay tuned folks...

Vote:

ljdarby

Reaction score
Follow-up to phone call on Wednesday- no help forthcoming from ASUS escalation group of gurus. They suggested such elementary things as checking cables, disconnecting cables then reconnecting. checking to see if DVDs actually work, etc- pure junk science. I had already told them, as all boots to Win11 are unimpeded and that I can do everything with the DVDs that they are made for (play movies,
transfer files to and from both of them & burn new discs of any sort), but this did not ring a bell with their common sense. Will continue the pursuit on my own it seems as they consider the case closed.

Vote:

Ask a Question