Edge payment authentication

KAB

Reaction score
I have a problem whereby making purchases while using edge results in failed authentication. Same issue if it's a credit card or paypal, the authentication request is not received by the relevent bank. The same purchase made using firefox on windows 11 has no such issue. Any ideas?

tpl

Reaction score
Interesting. I use Paypal and it contains my Credit card information and talks to the bank/cc company. So when I use it in an app I then get a Paypal screen (my logon to Paypal is automatic) choose which card and one click and it is done. But that is with Chrome which supposedly is very similar to Edge.

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure if it has anything to do with your issue, but...
It might be tied to a new feature that Microsoft has seen fit to bundle into the Edge Browser
Perhaps it's looking for a different type of "authentication"
IDK as I haven't had anything similar crop up so far.
My experience is pretty much as @tpl describes above.

Vote:

KAB

Reaction score
Not sure if it has anything to do with your issue, but...
It might be tied to a new feature that Microsoft has seen fit to bundle into the Edge Browser
Perhaps it's looking for a different type of "authentication"
IDK as I haven't had anything similar crop up so far.
My experience is pretty much as @tpl describes above.
Thanks for the reply. Not seen this feature on my browser yet (UK based) but may be lurking somewhere in the background. I have carried out a browser reset and I'll update this thread if that fixes the issue.

Vote:

Ask a Question