Edge

Bighorn

Reaction score
From what I've seen/read I don't think it can be permanently done. Many 'customization' done in Windows will simple be restored to default at the next Version Upgrade and/or maybe by a Build update. One issue can be Web sites with links or programs that relied upon the old Internet Explorer will now open Edge by default.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Microsoft Edge in W11 is actually provisioned application from Microsoft Store, to remove provisioned applications kindly refer below links which I post;

becareful in handling DISM++amd removal process, before that you might need to download desired browser before remove Edge ..

Refer;

for DISM++ the removal has to be done via User Appx & Provisioned Appx

1685336501467.png

1685336635070.png

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
How can i remove edge browser, completelly without a trace?
The post from Bighorn may be correct, I don't have experience trying to uninstall Edge. The website listed below states that you can remove Edge and provides instructions including a caveat that there may be issues afterwards. Personally, I would leave Edge as installed and just not use it.

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
I agree with the previous posters, if you remove it, you will very likely have system problems afterwards, at least in the long run.
But you can use MS Edge Redirect, which works nicely for me : https://github.com/rcmaehl/MSEdgeRedirect
(The problem with removing all the Edge startup entries which come back with every Edge update does however remain; I am using Autoruns to remove the entries).

Vote:

groleba

Reaction score
The post from Bighorn may be correct, I don't have experience trying to uninstall Edge. The website listed below states that you can remove Edge and provides instructions including a caveat that there may be issues afterwards. Personally, I would leave Edge as installed and just not use it.

Thanks

Vote:

groleba

Reaction score
I agree with the previous posters, if you remove it, you will very likely have system problems afterwards, at least in the long run.
But you can use MS Edge Redirect, which works nicely for me : https://github.com/rcmaehl/MSEdgeRedirect
(The problem with removing all the Edge startup entries which come back with every Edge update does however remain; I am using Autoruns to remove the entries).
Thanks

Vote:

Ask a Question