Explorer crashing and restarting

Okiraishi

Reaction score
I installed windows 11 and after it got me into my account I saw explorer crashing and restarting.
I created a new account in cmd and after switching to that account, everything works fine.
When I run event viewer -> windows logs -> application, there is an error that says
Faulting application name:explorer.exe
Faulting application path: C\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Faulting Module path:C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\ExplorerExtensions.dll

Edit: I installed win 11 two times, first time I ran sfc scan and the one where you type /restorehealth, nothing helped

Edit2: Works fine in safe mode(minimalistic) but when I change it to safe mode(network) it crashes again

Edit3: I ran shellex program and after turning off all non-microsoft thingys, it still crashes the explorer

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'd recommend waiting a while longer. Maybe after they publish a stable ISO.
They've been having problems with various things causing Explorer crashes from the start.
Some they've "Fixed" some are still marked as "Addressed" which to me suggests that they are working on them.

You may want to peruse this and review "Fixes" as well as "Known Issues".

Ask a Question