Font Size Won't Stay Where I Set It

Chuck P 104

Reaction score
I'm really getting fed up with fonts that shrink back to 9pt every time I reboot. Microsoft has been NO HELP whatsoever. I want ALL my fonts at 14pt and then stay there. I've tried a number of third party apps (Winaero Tweaker, Advanced Font Changer, Registry tweaks) that work until the next reboot. In Settings/Accessibilities I've moved that slider all the way to the right but all that changes is the sample text, the rest of the page stays micro. If someone can help, please do. I'm going to stay on Microsoft's *ss until they can fix this. And upgrades should NOT reset any personalization I may use. Also Magnifier is beyond useless so I'm not going there again. I'm sorry for the rambling nature of this post, but I'm not real happy right now and this is the way the thoughts came out. I've Included a pair of shots to show the confusion.

Attachments

• Micro-font.jpg
    Micro-font.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Untitled.jpgMicro 2.jpg
    Untitled.jpgMicro 2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 3

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I suppose you have installed 3rd party tool to make your taskbar and start menu as W10, as some 3rd party tools are not compatible with stock W11 settings. It's recommended to consult the software vendor as Microsoft will not provide assistance for 3rd party applications / tools installed.​

Vote:

Chuck P 104

Reaction score
I'm really getting fed up with fonts that shrink back to 9pt every time I reboot. Microsoft has been NO HELP whatsoever. I want ALL my fonts at 14pt and then stay there. I've tried a number of third party apps (Winaero Tweaker, Advanced Font Changer, Registry tweaks) that work until the next reboot. In Settings/Accessibilities I've moved that slider all the way to the right but all that changes is the sample text, the rest of the page stays micro. If someone can help, please do. I'm going to stay on Microsoft's *ss until they can fix this. And upgrades should NOT reset any personalization I may use. Also Magnifier is beyond useless so I'm not going there again. I'm sorry for the rambling nature of this post, but I'm not real happy right now and this is the way the thoughts came out. I've Included a pair of shots to show the confusion.
Here's another example of my complaint. I've removed the tweakers and resizers so this is all from Windows. I'm trying to make adjustments to Media Player Classic and this is the options menu. I can read the left pane clearly but the right is almost impossible. As this is one settings menu, shouldn't sides both be the same and readable?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 1

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I shall give you simple tutorial, please follow exactly as below :)

1. Download this extract it and keep in a folder (name as your wish) and firstly run the Add Run As Administrator Context.reg file only, accept all prompts when given, the restart the computer.
2. After restart, run the rest of the downloaded .REG files, and also set the display resolution to a recommended option or to 1366 x 768 and restart the computer again.

Please post the result .. thanks

below is the sample screenshot after you have done every steps above :)
1692429668408.png
1692429800411.png

Vote:

Chuck P 104

Reaction score
I shall give you simple tutorial, please follow exactly as below :)

1. Download this extract it and keep in a folder (name as your wish) and firstly run the Add Run As Administrator Context.reg file only, accept all prompts when given, the restart the computer.
2. After restart, run the rest of the downloaded .REG files, and also set the display resolution to a recommended option or to 1366 x 768 and restart the computer again.

Please post the result .. thanks

below is the sample screenshot after you have done every steps above :)
Thank You!! You are now on my heroes list.

Vote:

Ask a Question