Fullscreen apps have strange behavior when mirroring

findingnemolog

Reaction score
When I mirror my display to a 3840x2160 TV from my 1920x1080 monitor something strange happens with fullscreen applications. Despite setting both displays to the same resolution and scaling (1920x1080), the apps behave oddly. They trigger the monitor switching animation when opened or closed, even though the resolution matches.
I've also seen that UI elements on Windows become unusually large when a fullscreen application is open.
So, despite identical settings for mirroring, fullscreen apps have inconsistent behavior. How can i fix this?

DanTheShield

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi @findingnemolog

Here are a few things you can try to fix the behavior of fullscreen applications:
  1. Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the website of your GPU manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and download the latest drivers for your card.
  2. Check Display Settings:
    • Right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings."
    • Make sure both displays are set to the same resolution (1920x1080) and the same scaling (100%).
  3. Adjust Scaling Settings Individually:
    • Sometimes, even if both displays are set to the same resolution, their scaling settings might be causing issues.
    • In the Display settings, click on each display and set the scaling individually to ensure they both use 100%.
  4. Disable Fullscreen Optimization:
    • Sometimes, fullscreen optimization can cause issues with mirrored displays.
    • Right-click on the shortcut of the fullscreen application, select "Properties," go to the "Compatibility" tab, and check "Disable fullscreen optimizations."
  5. Use Borderless Windowed Mode:
    • Instead of using fullscreen mode, try setting your applications to run in borderless windowed mode. This can sometimes solve issues with display mirroring.
  6. Update Windows:
    • Ensure your Windows OS is fully updated. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
  7. Check TV Settings:
    • Make sure your TV is set to display at 1920x1080 and not upscaling the image. Look for any settings on your TV related to display mode or scaling and ensure they match your monitor settings.
  8. Reconfigure Mirroring:
    • Try reconfiguring the mirroring setup:
      • Disconnect the TV.
      • Restart your computer.
      • Reconnect the TV and set up mirroring again.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the inconsistent behavior of fullscreen applications while mirroring your display. Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Vote:

Ask a Question