Google mail in browser

cosmic52

Reaction score
Does the new google warning mean you can't access your mail with your email address in a browser?. Or does it mean people who use their surname only.

Attachments

• Screenshot (430).png
    Screenshot (430).png
    343.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Does the new google warning mean you can't access your mail with your email address in a browser?. Or does it mean people who use their surname only.
It appears that you will need to be using 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) as of the date mentioned in the message. Do a Google search for more information. The weblink below will provide more details about 2FA.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I get all my GMail, three accounts, via O.E.Classic, email program, and NOT via a Browser, where you're forced to use Web-Mail. To me, Webmail really sucks!

The only drawback to using a third party email program like O.E.Classic, is that you need to go to Google and get an App Password for each account. That's a very convoluted process, but once you've done it, it's DONE and you can then use an Aftermarket Email Program. (I found a U-Tube video that shows exactly how to get an App-Password)

O.E.Classic loads when my PC boots up, and then checks my Inbox at Google, every three minutes as long as the program stays on. In my case, it's ON all day, so I never miss an email. Once an email is downloaded by O.E.Classic, it's deleted from the Inbox on Google.
O.E.Classic is like a clone of "Outlook Express" , a program that I used for many years, through earlier versions of Windows.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Fake SPAM email I suppose, always verify the sender's genuinity .. screenshot the email address you received the email here :)

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Noted, but this is not forced by Google im my opinion .. because my current machine and browser is set my smartphone for authentication if I logged in from other than my current machine (or any new machine) a popup saying "Are you logged in from XXXXXX at date / time" .. I just click YES (if that was myself) ..

I don't have any 2FA (either from Google or Microsoft installed to authenticate logons) .. my smartphone notification is just enough :)

Ask a Question