Help Please - iCloud Drive Files

Ems

Reaction score
Hi All,

My OS is Windows 11 Home, and I have set up iCloud Drive, however, every time I try to open a document within iCloud Drive, I'm always asked to sign into my Apple I.D to view/open it. Is this normal? I find it very irritating if so. I have also selected 'Always keep on this device' on the document, thinking that this would solve the issue, but no.

I just want to be able to open any folder/files within iCloud Drive from File Explorer and not have to sign into Apple ID every time.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ems

Bighorn

Reaction score
It's my experience from having a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X which failed when trying to upgrade to the newer macOS and also with being given an old iMac that anything involving i things [except Intel's i series CPUS] do require some security such as having an Apple ID in order to do supposedly simple things. I avoid most of those on Windows and Linux computers but one thing I've had to use [and made some money on] installing iTunes on Windows so as to get access to files on an old iPad G2 using the file manager in iTunes [before I got the iMac].

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hi All,

My OS is Windows 11 Home, and I have set up iCloud Drive, however, every time I try to open a document within iCloud Drive, I'm always asked to sign into my Apple I.D to view/open it. Is this normal? I find it very irritating if so. I have also selected 'Always keep on this device' on the document, thinking that this would solve the issue, but no.

I just want to be able to open any folder/files within iCloud Drive from File Explorer and not have to sign into Apple ID every time.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ems
Privacy and security are a "big" issue in todays world. Companies develop safeguards not only to protect themselves, but to "try" and protect their customers. It is usually worth a little inconvenience to avoid the consequences of breached security. The old saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" still applies today.

Now to directly answer your question, other than creating a macro to make it a little easier to sign-in, I don't know of another way.

Vote:

Ask a Question