HELP! I'm locked out of Windows 11

Scott@W11

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I turned on my computer everything was fine I turned it off went to work came home turned the computer back on and now I have a message...

Your password has expired and you must be changed. I thought I had my password and it doesn't seem to be working so how do I override this login or reset my password and get back into Windows 11?

I tried my Microsoft, Dell, and Windows password that I have written down on my note cards, and no luck. How can I Configure my computer's BIOS to start via the USB installation, If I can't get into my PC/desktop?

On My Desktop

Has my PC name
Sign in

Click sign in, says, your password has expired and must be changed.
Click, OK

Ask, Password
New Password
Confirm Password
Submit

I have my PIN number, but that's not an option I tried my pin #, but no luck.

Last option: Create a password reset disk. I don't have a disk. I upgraded to Windows 11 from the website.
And to do this, I need my password

Thanks for your help.
Scott

Badbak

Reaction score
How do I boot into recovery mode on Windows 11?

Here's how:
  1. Press Windows logo key + L to get to the sign-in screen, and then restart your PC by pressing the Shift key while you select the Power button > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen.
  2. Your PC will restart in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment.
More items...

Badbak

Reaction score
look in"MORE ITEMS" my first reply several options there

Also when system up and running..
Run gpedit.msc
Step 2: Navigate to the following path:
Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy and double-click the “Maximum Password Age” option.
Step 3: By default, you’ll see the password expiry value set to 42.
To disable the password expiry, change the value from 42 to 0.

apply and exit
to prevent and problems in future get Macrium reflect free and image your c drive

Ask a Question