How am I best sorting my Windows 11 laptop ready to sell?

james_uk

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Dell G5 5500 laptop that I am selling, as I recently got a new one.

In the time I had my Dell laptop, I have upgraded the SSD, so in the process, don't have the recovery image etc
I was wanting to do a clean install and have the setup at the point where the person can put their name etc in, what they want to call their profile, like it would be when you just get one new.

But that is where I feel a bit stuck, because I don't have the Dell recovery image now, none of the build in Dell software would be then included if I do it that way.

During a fresh installation of Windows 11, how do I know when I am at a point where it can stop the installation, so when the person gets it, they just finalise it to their liking?

Would you, just not bother with the Dell built in software, and sell it as I have mentioned above?

Regards
James

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Simple:
Create a new user, called something simple like "Admin", with Administrator Privileges, of course.
Log into the new user, and then delete the old user. All of the old users info will be GONE!
Now the new user will be the only one on the system.
The laptop is now ready to sell.
No guessing.... I've done this many times, over the past three decades. (since Windows 95)

Before it actually goes out the door, I'd do a massive Cleanup on the HD, and even the Registry.
In less than an hour, you can have that Laptop all clean, lean and mean, and ready to go out For Sale.

Good Luck,
Shadow :cool:

Ask a Question