How to find the Access Key.

johnROW

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a desktop with Windows 11 installed, I am able to access the program but not fully able to proceed as I have a message Access Key required? calling for a number/code? How do I rectify this problem I only have a Windows 7 sticker on the casing which was obviously the original OS, help appreciated.

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a desktop with Windows 11 installed, I am able to access the program but not fully able to proceed as I have a message Access Key required? calling for a number/code? How do I rectify this problem I only have a Windows 7 sticker on the casing which was obviously the original OS, help appreciated.
It is always best to supply your system specs when posting, it can assist in diagnosing problems. With that said, the website listed below should help you in finding the product key.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
If it is possible the computer was Upgraded from Win7 try that Product Key in the Activation section of System, might still work. Win8 and later OEM machines I've seen had/have the key in the BIOS instead of having the sticker on the case.

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
The best way to find your Microsoft key (and the keys for all other software with keys on your computer) is Belarc Advisor: https://www.belarc.com/products/belarc-advisor
It's a professional tool, but you have a 30 day trail period, which gives you sufficient time to find your key.
At the same time, you will get a thorough security analysis of your computer.
But you need to enter an e-mail adress before downloading the software.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Haven't had to pay for Belarc Advisor yet.

1685482613480.png

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Is it possible, that Win-11 was installed without a legal license key? If that's the case, then you're not going to find the key anywhere on that PC.

I found a neat little command line method of displaying your product key, but when I tried it here, I got nothing. Then I noticed that only works if the Product Key is located in the BIOS.

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Just copy and paste that command into an elevated Command Prompt to see your product key, ONLY if that key is saved in the Bios.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
That command does work on the OEM version of Win11 Pro as signified by the OA [OEM Activated].
OA3xOriginalProductKey
It may work on the System Builder keys, doubtful on the Retail version [DIY builds] but I haven't had to deal with such as yet.

Vote:

Ask a Question