How to secure access to win11.

Drew

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to win11 and I'm having problems restricting access.
I've set myself as admin and my grandson as a local user (he's 9).
I now want to stop anyone else from logging in to the laptop when he takes it to school.
When the system boots the welcome screen has three options to login.
The first option is an account "hello" which isn't restricted with a password so the system is open to anyone. How do I close this unrestricted access to the system.
I only want the two of use to access the system.

Regards Andy

Kwikkordead

Reaction score
If you're having security concerns over what someone may be able to access on your laptop while your grandson has it at school, may I recommend an inexpensive laptop that is dedicated for him at school? No computer is hack proof and if you have sensitive information on yours, ie: banking information, etc. for myself, I would not be comfortable with sending that sort of information out to a school environment. Kids are brilliant these days, and if there's a way around a password, they will find it. Regardless of whatever security you install on your laptop.
Keep your stuff separate via hardware, not software, if you want to be 100% secure.

Vote:

Ask a Question